Reporting a Lost Item
If you have lost something on a Transit bus, staff may be holding onto it for you.
To check for an item lost on a bus, please call 907-225-TRAN (8726).
Lost and Found Retrieval Tips:
- Sometimes items do not reach the Transit Center until the end of a shift. It is best to call the next day to confirm if staff found your lost item.
- When you call, be ready with information that can help Transit staff identify your lost item, such as a detailed description or a unique characteristic of an item.
- Knowing the bus line, time of day traveled, and the direction of travel (southbound, northbound) can help.
Items are held for 45 days with the following exceptions:
- Wallets, passports and non-local drivers licenses are turned over to the Ketchikan Police Department (225-6631) or Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska at 225-0999 within 24 hours of being found.
- Keys are sent to the Ketchikan Police Department within 24 hours of being found.
- Local Drivers Licenses are sent to Ketchikan Police Department within 24 hours of being found.
- Bank cards and confidential paperwork that are not claimed are destroyed after 45 days.